20 Nov 2019
20 Nov 2019
|Date:||20 Nov 2019|
|Location:||Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Position:||Scientific and Technological Platforms|
|Application starts:||20 Nov 2019|
We are currently accepting applications for an Electronic Engineer, who will be integrated in the Hardware Platform of the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown and participate in the production of electronic setups specifically developed for neuroscience and cancer researchers.
About the Hardware Development Platform:
Our team operates at the interface of Science and Technology, working to support an interdisciplinary team of researchers whose projects address key research questions. The mission of the Champalimaud Foundation’s Hardware Platform is to provide support in the fields of electronics and mechanics in order to facilitate research at individual, group and programme level. For that, we are looking for candidates who are creative and work in a disciplined and well-organised manner. The primary role of the selected candidates will include the provision of technical research services directly supporting research protocols while working in partnership with investigators who are conducting research.
Description of Work:
The Electronic Engineer will be integrated and give support on several tasks of the Hardware Platform group, including:
• Requirement specification, design, development and testing of analog and digital circuits.
• Design of microprocessor interface circuits to external systems.
• Design of electronic circuit cards, including layout and component selection, that are compatible/interchangeable with existing product inventory.
• Provide additional technical support as needed and produce internal documentation, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
• Advise the researchers on solution implementation and related issues, equipment purchases, and experiment design.
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Degree in electrical or electronic engineering or related discipline.
• Experience in similar position is valuable, but not mandatory.
• Expertise in data acquisition electronics, interfaces and hardware.
• Software/Programming in C/C++ for microcontroller programming platforms. C# and/or LabVIEW capabilities is also valuable.
• Analog circuit design (power supplies, filters, amplifiers)
• PCB design and fabrication
• Motion control (positioning, robotic motion, servo control)
• Highly motivated and excellent team player;
• Responsible with good organizational skills;
• Very good English communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction;
• Excellent technical, problem solving, and analytical skills.
Please send us a brief letter of motivation and CV, both in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HWELEC Nov2019 YOUR LAST NAME” in the subject line.
Selected applicants will be called for an interview.
The position will remain open until filled.